BE A LIFTER
How you can help LIFT the military family:
- By merely reading the articles and stories on LIFT, you’re developing a greater understanding of military life. Thank you for being a LIFTER!
- Show the love! Send your link of military family recognition to LIFT LINK LOVE
- “Like” the LIFT Facebook page
- Write your local media (newspapers, daytime talk shows, morning programs) and recommend they feature either LIFT or a local military famiy
- Follow the LIFT Twitter page
- When you read articles or blogs online that are related to the military family experience, leave a comment. Let people know about LIFT
- Tell your friends and family about LIFT, and email links to interviews and articles you find here that you think others will enjoy
- WRITE A LETTER TO TIME MAGAZINE
Why should I write to TIME Magazine?
The goal is to overwhelm TIME Magazine with letters from across the country that ask them to consider the military family as their 2011 Person of the Year. With luck, they’ll get so many of them that:
1) they’ll consider the military family as their 2011 Person of the Year, and
2) it will attract media attention.
Media attention is key to the effort. If the military family community and its supporters make enough of an impact to be addressed by the media, people will have to take an interest.
It’s this interest that will strengthen the combined efforts of Mrs. Obama and Dr. Jill Biden to garner support and recognition for military families.
That it’s no easy task to get thousands of people to mail letters is not lost on LIFT. It’s a leap of faith. A number of people have already expressed their letter-mailing intent, but the hope is that thousands more will do this small, simple thing for something so important.
Let TIME Magazine know you think the military family should be their 2011 Person of the Year. Click the links below to download a sample letter, if you’d like to use it. Revise the letter as you see fit, sign it, and put it in the mail.
If you’d rather write TIME electronically, send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use their online form.
IMPORTANT: If you want your letter to the editor to be considered for publication in TIME Magazine, be sure to include your full name, address, and phone number in the letter (this is according to the guidelines on the “Letters to TIME” page).
MAIL YOUR LETTER TO:
TIME Magazine Letters
Time & Life Building
New York, NY 10020
THANK YOU. Your participation is both necessary and greatly appreciated!